dw96

What are some good Windows apps for multi-monitor setups?

Question

I just completed my first, very basic dual-monitor setup. I like using ATi Eyefinity and also Windows' Extended Desktop but I want to get a little bit more out of it.

Does anyone out there have any suggestions for cool third party Windows apps I can use to both boost my productivity or benefit more out of dual screens?

4 answers to this question

Havent used any but a friend of mine used DisplayFUsion. You can check out its reviews as well.

I haven’t tried third party apps but one thing I would recommend if you haven’t done it already.

Go to Mouse properties > pointer options and check the box to “Show location of pointer when I press the CTRL key”. When the CTRL key is pressed a circle appears around the pointer and moves in towards it.

It doesn’t sound much but it saves you loads of time looking for the pointer across multiple monitors, especially if it’s been dragged off the edge of the screen.

Havent used any but a friend of mine used DisplayFUsion. You can check out its reviews as well.

Wow! Thanks a lot - it's an awesome application and just what I was looking for!