groovyPost Forums

Outlook address autocomplete in Win 7 does not work

Hello,

Address auto complete in MS Outlook does not work in Windows 7 Home (64). Outlook remembers addresses for the current session, however does not auto compete once the session is closed and a new one started. I have tried Options, advanced email options and checking box to remember addresses.

Please help.

I'm thinking perhaps your Outlook Cache file (.NK2 File) is possibly corrupted. It should work right out of the box.

I wrote an article earlier on how to delete your outlook autocomplete nk2 file (goto solution #2 in the article). Make sure Outlook is closed when you delete the NK2 file. Hopefully when Outlook recreates the file, you will be good to go.

Hello Steve,

Thanks for responding.

I did as per your post and I did not see NK2 file. Just saw the following file folders

Microsoft Outlook Internet settings .FAVMicrosoft Outlook Internet settings .NICKMicrosoft Outlook Internet settings .XMLOutcmd.datOutlpmtextend.dat

Somewhere else I can look for this NK2 file ? Thanks for your help.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Simon H
      I tried looking in HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindows LivePhoto for a registry hey to delete but there was nothing there.
      I alsdo deleted the file named Pictures.pd6 at C:Users[username]AppDataLocalMicrosoft Windows Photo Gallery but the tag suggestions are still there.
      I heard there was a navtree file that you can delete but my computer does not have this file.
    • By Austin
      Asim recently wrote me this email:

...Our company has a VPN that we loginto, I have a macbook pro machine andi have installed Windows 7 as a guestusing vm virtual box in this syste. Iam wondering, can we creat a vpnconnection on guest OS Windsows 7?
      I'm overwhelmed by the network optionsavailable and was hoping you couldprovide some direction...
    • By kuzie
      Help - I have a new HP Windows 7 Pro 64 bit PC - trying to change user account passwords - have checked all of the security policy and user settings - all are good - when attempting to change the password - the PC chugs for a few minutes then gives me the "did not meet requirements etc" I have tried a password that meets the criteria - still doesn't work - help!
    • By smashmark
      rather than saving my contacts in outlook, i simply use the autofill to remember all my addresses
      Now, I am leaving the job, and want to somehow take all my contact info
      is there a way to save and export these "autofill" addresses saved by outlook?
      thanx!!
    • By Myke46
      My G72 HP laptop (Win7 Home Premium) came equipped with Cyberlink's You Cam.I have had no problem with it as far as functionality but seems overly bloated.Is there a viable freeware alternative?
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 16 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online