Steve

How to Encrypt or Password Protect a CD?

Question from Readers:

Hi groovyPost, How do I copy files and encrypt/password protect a CD? I'm running Windows 7 X64.

Cheers,

Chris

Copying files to a CD / DVD or Blu-ray disc for that matter is a simple process. This article shows how to copy data to a Blu-ray drive, but the process is the same for a CD or DVDhttp://www.groovypost.com/howto/blu-ray-burn-large-amount-data-blank-disc/

Windows offers a solid encryption feature, EFS which Steve wrote about:http://www.groovypost.com/howto/windows-8-7-efs-encrypt-files-folders/

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By LaurenH
      I believe that you are using Snag it for screen shots on your posts but is there any type of guide or educational resource (i.e. best practices, etc.) you would recommend for me to learn how to make mine as great as yours? :)Thanks!
    • By Simon H
      I tried looking in HKEY_CURRENT_USERSSoftwareMicrosoftWindows LivePhoto for a registry hey to delete but there was nothing there.
      I alsdo deleted the file named Pictures.pd6 at C:Users[username]AppDataLocalMicrosoft Windows Photo Gallery but the tag suggestions are still there.
      I heard there was a navtree file that you can delete but my computer does not have this file.
    • By Wilderness
      Office Excel 2011 - Protect worksheet or workbook - I have protected the worksheet by a password but find I still can copy and past into a new worksheet and then I can change things arround. How can I stop someone being able to change or delete things.
    • By Myke46
      My G72 HP laptop (Win7 Home Premium) came equipped with Cyberlink's You Cam.I have had no problem with it as far as functionality but seems overly bloated.Is there a viable freeware alternative?
    • By Austin
      Asim recently wrote me this email:

...Our company has a VPN that we loginto, I have a macbook pro machine andi have installed Windows 7 as a guestusing vm virtual box in this syste. Iam wondering, can we creat a vpnconnection on guest OS Windsows 7?
      I'm overwhelmed by the network optionsavailable and was hoping you couldprovide some direction...
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 23 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online