groovyPost Forums

Adding gallery's tot Wordpress pages, with pictures from Dropbox.

Beyond_Life

The photos in your public folder create specific URL's and I don't think there is a way to select all of them which is required for a gallery. You would need to add them 1 at a time...

Why not just host them on your wordpress site? Hmm... You would need to find a site that let's you upload them then embed them. Perhaps min.us?

Indeed, for wordpress I need to upload each picture one at a time. When done, I can use the images from the mediastorage in my dashboard, to create a gallery. But that takes a lot of time. And it also takes up a lot of space with my provider. I have a very cheap plan and only 2 gig of storage space. So I want to use other ways of creating gallerys without using all the space.

This is very hard to explain if you native language isnt englisch :P

The photos in your public folder create specific URL's and I don't think there is a way to select all of them which is required for a gallery. You would need to add them 1 at a time...

Why not just host them on your wordpress site? Hmm... You would need to find a site that let's you upload them then embed them. Perhaps min.us?

I could probably hack groovyBox.exe to create a photos.xml that has all of the public URLs for the photos in it. Then, make a wordpress plugin that fetches that XML and parses it into a gallery.

... But I am already in my pajamas...

• 1 year later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• Guest pumpkinskin
      By Guest pumpkinskin
      Sorry to do this to you but, when I read the answer here: http://answers.groovypost.com/questions/56/what-is-the-best-free-blogging-platform-for-a-new-blogger/58
      I have no idea what you mean when you say "Self-Hosted" Wordpress blog vs. Wordpress.com blog. Aren't they the same thing?
    • Guest Jessica
      By Guest Jessica
      I need to put pictures into Microsoft Word for a school project that I am working on. How do I do this? These are pictures I took with my camera that I already transferred to my computer -> In my "My Pictures" folder.
    • Guest PaigeWaters
      By Guest PaigeWaters
      Sorry this is not technology related but how do I change my picture to what it is now? Right now it looks like a 3d magic eye poster i want it to be a picture of my cat.
    • By Beyond_Life
      I use dlvr.it to post my articles from Wordpress to Twitter. But I cant use dlvr.it to do the same with Google+. Or am I missing something?
      Is there any other better way to do this?
      ps: I dont want to post on Facebook, because I dont have facebook. Facebook sucks.
    • By Beyond_Life
      Hello,I use Worpress. And when I visit my admin console at my work it will show me the front page of my wordpress admin console. but when i visit the admin console at home it will land at the "show-all-posts" page. How do I change that?
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online