groovyPost Forums

How do you take screenshots on a MAC OS X? Is there a built-in screenshot tool?

• 1 year later...

No sorry I called it "Grab It" but it is in fact called "Grab" which is a FREE utility bundled with Mac OS X Lion and Mountain Lion and found in Utilities or if not check in the Applications folder.

You call it out and then -Capture- and choose between -selection, window and screen- (there are other choices). It sends the image to your desktop for you to save/attach etc. very useful and better than Windows "Prt Scr"

Hope that helps.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Similar Content

• By Julia
      Does anyone have any advice about the problems I'm having with controlling the volume for my tv with my Apple TV 4 remote? I went to the Apple Store and according to them it is because my HDMI cable or HDMI input in my tv isn't good enough. But I bought a new HDMI 2.0 cable and my tv is just 2 years old and has HDMI-CEC. My remote is able to turn the tv on and off, and it is operating according to the ' learn control' test, but... it still doesn't work. Would love to use only 1 remote (I only use the Apple Tv for my tv). 
    • Guest pumpkinskin
      By Guest pumpkinskin
      So I'm a Windows person and I just got a MAC and for the life of me I cant figure out how-to edit my local hosts file so I can hit my local test web server. Who can help me?
      I'm running MAC OS X 10.6.7
      Thanks!
    • Guest grettawallace
      By Guest grettawallace
      How do I knw what my friends have plus one'd on Google? Does it show up on Facebook or what?
    • By alexmvp
      Who do you guys thing is going to rule supreme looking forward 5 years and why?
    • By rogerthat
      My wife just bought a new macbook and got Lion OS X, but I still have Tiger. Is there a way for me to use her install disc to get the latest OS X on my older macbook? When I try, I get an error message: "Mac OS X cannot be installed on this computer."
  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online