Sinshalai
Go to solution Solved by Steve Krause,

Specs:

i7 930 CPU

nVidia GTX 970

16GB RAM

1TB HDD

Win 10

Dunno if a setting got changed somewhere or not, but before, the computer wouldn't sleep at all. It would turn the screen off, the fans would be going as though it was about to turn off to sleep, then the fans would stop whirring and the screen would come back on, no sleep. My PSU died a couple months after that began happening, it was like six years old, decided to do some upgrading while repairing and swapped it out along with the graphics card and added some more RAM (graphics card before was another nVidia, GTX 560 ti, running 8GB RAM previously). Being as paranoid with RAM as I am, I took the old RAM out and got two identical 8GB sticks, Kingston DDR5, for the upgrade.

So now, the computer goes to sleep... for about five seconds. Then it turns itself back on. If there's a BIOS or registry setting I need to fix, anyone have any clue what it is? I like to sleep the computer when I have a lot going on and don't want to shut down, but I like to conserve power and used to use the sleep function regularly until it stopped working randomly. Still would shut it down or restart it at least three times a week if not more, but it would be nice to have the feature back.

• 6 months later...