groovyPost Forums

Send Text Messages Using EMail [Article Comments]

Hi there i have tried the verizon mobile and it has worked out for me..Thank alot..Please i just wanted to know if you know any other network around the world that can receive and accept sms msg through this gatways..Your urgent response will be highly appreciated..

Take a look here: Long list of Providers

Is that what your looking for? A list of addresses to send the txt's through using email?

Guest izymoney

Hi Mr Grovy..Please help me out here..i have written before but no response till now..Please help me out here i have tried the verizon mobile and it has worked out for me..Thank alot..Please i just wanted to know if you know any other network around the world that can receive and accept sms msg through this gatways..Your urgent response will be highly appreciated..

Guest izymoney

Thanks alot dear..I know you will always be there to assist me..But this email to sms providers does it still work please?..i mean can u assure me or kind of let me know if you have tried any of them out before and if is really working?..please let me know and do you know about Telstra in Australia..Your response will highly be appricaited.

Guest izymoney

Thank you so much for the email to sms gateway you have provided for me..i have tried some of them but e doesnt seem to be working execpt verizon that delivers instantly..please just let me know if this list is current and if you know wether they re still workin ..I wil appreciate your assistance on this matter ..Thanks

• 3 weeks later...
Guest jeewahh

Hi MrGroove, I live in the UK and haven't been able to get any of the UK ones to work. I've tried starting with a zero and then starting with a 44 and then a +44 and nothing. I'm currently on o2 and I noticed that there are 3 o2 ones. What is the difference? Also what does it mean when it says 'name@u2.co.uk'? What does 'name' refer to? I would really appreciate any help you could give me. Cheers.

Hi MrGroove, I live in the UK and haven't been able to get any of the UK ones to work. I've tried starting with a zero and then starting with a 44 and then a +44 and nothing. I'm currently on o2 and I noticed that there are 3 o2 ones. What is the difference? Also what does it mean when it says 'name@u2.co.uk'? What does 'name' refer to? I would really appreciate any help you could give me. Cheers.

Hi Jeewahh and welcome to the site!

Hmm... I'm in Seattle so I don't have a lot of experience with NON-US txt messaging. o2 looks like a big company in the UK so you should be able to give them a call and ask them what the formula is IE: PhoneNumber@o2.co.uk or if there is another special number for text messages. My guess however is the "PhoneNumber" does not include any of the country codes.

Another thing I found for o2 was a site you might be able to use to send txt messages easily:

http://sendtxt.o2.co.uk/sendtxt/

I also found this link called - Desktop Text

http://www.mediaburst.co.uk/desktoptext/demo/

As you make progress, keep us updated here as I'm sure our other UK readers would like to know how it works!

• 1 year later...
Guest lorrainem

I am trying to text message with a friend in Italy. He uses Telecom Italia Mobile. I have Verizon in the US. I can send a text to his number as usual (011-39-hisnumber) and he receives them. But when he replies, I do not get the text. His phone confirms it was sent. He has also tried to text by dialing my number in vs replying to my text, (001-areacode-#), but that doesn't work either.

I have also tried to send an sms by email to 339xxxxxxx@posta.tim.it but that is returned saying the destination address was unknown.

He has not tired to call - I always call. We should have tried that.

Please help!!! We are very frustrated and really want to be able to text.

Guest jennynovak

I often use Skype (Free) on my laptop to send text messages to mobiles, which makes it nice and easy to type them, rather than using the very tiny keypad on the mobile phone. It allows you to set your own mobile number up, so that when the message is received, it shows it is from that mobile number, even though it was typed and sent from Skype!

• 5 months later...
Guest charlesconway23

Thanks a lot Mr. Groove! I just want to add that people outside USA can use TextMagic to . Just the same, senders just have to send message to the recipient’s number plus TextMagic’s gateway. For example,

spam links removed -grooveDexter

• 4 weeks later...