groovyPost Forums

Send Text Messages Using EMail [Article Comments]

• 3 weeks later...

Woah. *Great* post. But i wanted to make sure sending texts via email/pc wasn't different than sending from phone in the sense of the receiver being charged.

Is it just like a regular text, and if they have [specifically in this case Verizon] unlimited texting will they be ok?

Thanks!!

Woah. *Great* post. But i wanted to make sure sending texts via email/pc wasn't different than sending from phone in the sense of the receiver being charged.

Is it just like a regular text, and if they have [specifically in this case Verizon] unlimited texting will they be ok?

Thanks!!

Good question!

You answered the question by calling Verizon but yes, this is NO different than a normal TXT message for the person receiving the txt.

The person "SENDING" the txt is not charged anything (of course... email is free).

• 4 weeks later...

No Sorry... :(

Here are a few links that are updated from time to time that I found:

* http://www.tech-faq.com/send-text-messages-free.shtml

* http://www.mutube.com/projects/open-ema ... eway-list/

* http://www.notepage.net/smtp.htm

Honestly you should just call your carrier and have them give you the phone # of your mobile phone. Every carrier I've ever heard of has emails assigned to your numbers so it should be available.

• 1 month later...
Guest izymoney

PLEASE I NEED HELP ON THE EMAIL TO SMS FORMAT..I TRIED SENDING THE MAIL TO SOME FRIENDS IN AMERICA THAT USE VERZION BUT IT DIDNT WORK..PLEASE HOW SHOULD I SEND IT..THANKS ALOT.PLS SOMEONE OUT THERE ASSIST ME

Hey izymoney, with Verizon it's easy!

In your "To:" or "recipient" line of your e-mail. use number@vtext.com

:idea:For example:

My friend has a Verizon number of 593-352-4458.

So I send my e-mail message to 5933524458@vtext.com

Just be sure your message isn't over 160 characters or he may not receive it or all of it. A character is a letter, number, symbol, space, or line break.

Let me know if you have any further problems!

Guest izymoney

Just be sure your message isn't over 160 characters or he may not receive it or all of it. A character is a letter, number, symbol, space, or line break.

HEY THANKS SO MUCH..YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS YOUR RESPONSE..I THOUGHT NO ONE WOULD RESPONSE.THANKS ALOT..PLEASE I STILL HAVE SOME MORE QUESTIONS BECAUSE I SEND TO MY FRIENDS FONE THAT USE VERIZON NUMBER IN U.S.ABUT IT DIDNT GO THROUGH.SO I WAS BEGININ TO THINK,IS IT ONLY THOSE THAT HAVE ACTIVATED THEIR VERIZON SIM TO RECEIVE EMAIL TO SMS THAT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS WHEN SENT THROUGH THEIR NUMBER..PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

DO YOU KNOW IF I CAN EMAIL TO SMS ANY VERIZON FONE NUMBER WITHOUT THE PERSON ACTIVATIN HIS ACC OR SOMETIN LIKE THAT..BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHY MY FRIENDS DIDNT RECEIVE MY EMAIL TO SMS WHICH I SENT WITH THEIR FONE NUMBERS..AND PLS DO YOU KNOW ANY OTHER CARRIER THAT ACCEPT EMAIL TO SMS..I WILL BE GLAD TO RECEIVE YOUR EMAIL ADVISE ONCE MORE.THANK YOU

HEY THANKS SO MUCH..YOU DONT KNOW HOW MUCH I REALLY APPRECIATE THIS YOUR RESPONSE..I THOUGHT NO ONE WOULD RESPONSE.THANKS ALOT..PLEASE I STILL HAVE SOME MORE QUESTIONS BECAUSE I SEND TO MY FRIENDS FONE THAT USE VERIZON NUMBER IN U.S.ABUT IT DIDNT GO THROUGH.SO I WAS BEGININ TO THINK,IS IT ONLY THOSE THAT HAVE ACTIVATED THEIR VERIZON SIM TO RECEIVE EMAIL TO SMS THAT CAN RECEIVE EMAILS WHEN SENT THROUGH THEIR NUMBER..PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

DO YOU KNOW IF I CAN EMAIL TO SMS ANY VERIZON FONE NUMBER WITHOUT THE PERSON ACTIVATIN HIS ACC OR SOMETIN LIKE THAT..BECAUSE I DONT KNOW WHY MY FRIENDS DIDNT RECEIVE MY EMAIL TO SMS WHICH I SENT WITH THEIR FONE NUMBERS..AND PLS DO YOU KNOW ANY OTHER CARRIER THAT ACCEPT EMAIL TO SMS..I WILL BE GLAD TO RECEIVE YOUR EMAIL ADVISE ONCE MORE.THANK YOU

No problem! Hopefully we can help!

Where are you sending your email FROM? Personal email? GMAIL? Hotmail? Etc..?? I'm thinking perhaps your email is not getting sent or blocked?

If it "really" is verizon, the phone#@vtext.com should work 100%. You really should confirm with your friend that their email address REALLY is for Verizon and not some other carrier. Call them or txt them to confirm that.

Guest izymoney

Yes i confirmed that before sending the massage..Maybe is from my email because i was using yahoo to send it..From thailand..Do you think that could be the cause ? or maybe from my server ?Please more assistance needed

Thanks for your time

Yes i confirmed that before sending the massage..Maybe is from my email because i was using yahoo to send it..From thailand..Do you think that could be the cause ? or maybe from my server ?Please more assistance needed

Thanks for your time

just for the sake of "process of elimination" setup a gmail account and try to send it from there. setup a gmail.com account if you can as well so that way the email is coming from the US to a US phone. Who knows if your country blocks certain types of emails etc...???

Also, do you have another person you can send a txt message to for testing? I don't have a verizon phone or i would let you send to me. :) :)

Guest izymoney

Thank so much for your support..I wish you have that would have been the best way to confirm it..But i will open the Gmail account and try it from there..Do i need to put any subject..?God will bless you for me for the unpaid assistance..One love..i REALLY NEED THIS TO WORK OUT FOR ME..

Guest izymoney

Thank i know notin speciall is need..I just need to know if the massage on the subjected is counted among the 160 characters.If you could pls give me an example of how you send yours will be greatful.Thank you

Thank i know notin speciall is need..I just need to know if the massage on the subjected is counted among the 160 characters.If you could pls give me an example of how you send yours will be greatful.Thank you

Yes. The subject line is counted against the 160 characters. honestly I don't even use the subject line. I just leave it blank. You should also not add any attachments.

Example of what I do:

to: 5555551212@vtext.com

subject:

Body: Hello how are you doing! I really love shockersh!

hope that helps

Guest izymoney

Thanks for your quick response..I hope am not being a pain in the ass becox of my many question...Can you please tell me if the TEXT example of the email to sms you gave me is upto 160 characters..I will try it again once i hear from you and let you know how it works.I just need to know the lenght and space of how small the 160 character text masge will look like.Yours is fine but i dont think is upto 160 characters.Thanks alot for your help.

it's all good man!

The example above was like 35 characters. you don't actually put to: or subject: I just put that in there for you to see how you address it etc...

here is an example of a text message I just sent with my gmail account. the # is different just to protect my girl friends phone #. ;)

[attachment=0]txt message.png[/attachment]

Snaggit for the win!

Guest izymoney

Thanks alot for your unending help and yet you dont seem to be bored with my many questions..God bless you more..One last question..If i put many of my friends sender id which will be their fone number in the bcc do you think it will go and if they can receive the sms separately..

Guest izymoney

Thanks alot for your time and generous advise..i will make out time and try it..i will let you know how it works out when i do..am really greatful for this help..guess it will help me alot too if it works..

• 1 month later...
Guest izymoney

Hi there i have tried the verizon mobile and it has worked out for me..Thank alot..Please i just wanted to know if you know any other network around the world that can receive and accept sms msg through this gatways..Your urgent response will be highly appreciated..